KEVIN MCCARTHY'S DALLAS DIGEST Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Jane McGarry arrested
 Moderated by: Kevin McCarthy Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 05:53 am
  PMQuoteReply
41st Post
Sam
Renaissance Man


Joined: Fri Aug 26th, 2005
Location: Jerry Jonestown, Texas USA
Posts: 13575
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Mark wrote:
tennis gal wrote: kathy wrote: tennis gal wrote: I really think the sports car is a huge red flag. A similar thing happened to a coach at my school. After midnight, sports car, speeding. Poor guy...poor Jane.

Again, I will say, "there but for the grace of God go I."


Sorry but don't feel a lick of pity for them. They were driving drunk (well, don't know for sure about your friend) .. but she couldn't (allegedly) pass any of the field-sobriety tests?

Kathy, I have driven a hundred times after 3+ glasses of wine. I don't know if I could pass a test or not. But I know I've made it home safely every time. That's all I'm saying. There might be that one time that I forget to signal, or speed a little bit, and oops, I'm DWI. I feel sorry for anybody in that situation. Like I said, "There but for the grace of God go I." It could be me tomorrow night. I'm going to Joe T's for a birthday party. Watch out.



.08 ain't drunk.

MADD won't be satisfied until we return to prohibition.


+1^100. MADD has gone insane.



____________________
That government is best which governs least. - Thomas Paine
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 09:56 am
  PMQuoteReply
42nd Post
Cliff
Member


Joined: Thu Feb 24th, 2005
Location: Ellis County, Texas USA
Posts: 15113
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
when you drive drunk it isn't whether or not you were lucky enough to not get a ticket. It is that every one on the road with you was luck enough not to have been hit and or killed by your actions. Kill your self while drunk driving is bad, but to kill or maim someone else is tragic.



____________________
HEY NSA, bug off, this is a private post!
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 11:29 am
  PMQuoteReply
43rd Post
librarylady
Member


Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2005
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 36912
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Cliff wrote: when you drive drunk it isn't whether or not you were lucky enough to not get a ticket. It is that every one on the road with you was luck enough not to have been hit and or killed by your actions. Kill your self while drunk driving is bad, but to kill or maim someone else is tragic.
+1


...and from my FW connection:

She was caught driving drunk on the North Dallas Tollway--and she lives out in this area.  Her house was featured in the glossy magazine that The Star-Telegram puts out once a month.  She and hubby live in Westover Hills where homes start at 1.5 million dollars! 



____________________
Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.





Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 12:11 pm
  PMQuoteReply
44th Post
radioman

 

Joined: Wed Mar 2nd, 2005
Location:  
Posts: 2638
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It doesn't matter what the law or legal limit is.
People will still drive after drinking, it is just a matter of fact.
Some get caught, some have a wreck, some injure themselves, some injure or kill others, some never ever get caught.
The more they don't get caught - the more they think they are fine to drive.
What many don't realize is that sooner or later your luck WILL run out and the best case scenario when that happens is you get arrested and no one was hurt.
It is a wake up call that most normal people take very seriously from then on. The ones that don't are the ones that really should never drive again.

Last edited on Mon May 7th, 2012 12:11 pm by radioman

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 12:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
45th Post
Ric
Bayou Bum


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: In The Bleachers, Somewhere, Texas USA
Posts: 40498
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
kathy wrote:
tennis gal wrote: I really think the sports car is a huge red flag. A similar thing happened to a coach at my school. After midnight, sports car, speeding. Poor guy...poor Jane.

Again, I will say, "there but for the grace of God go I."


Sorry but don't feel a lick of pity for them. They were driving drunk (well, don't know for sure about your friend) .. but she couldn't (allegedly) pass any of the field-sobriety tests?



Field sobriety tests are subjective, always administered by one who suspects driving under the influence. I, myself, could never pass a field sobriety test, regardless. Not always a true and accurate picture of what the situation is.
Big mistake? Not blowing into the tube. Supposedly, that is an automatic six month suspension of your license. At least, that's what the attorney told us when we were dealing with this same issue a few years ago, the night after my son turned 21.



____________________
It was like coming this close to your dreams, and then watching them brush past you like strangers in a crowd. ~ Archibald “Moonlight” Graham, Field of Dreams



Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 01:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
46th Post
glenn/dallas



Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 7477
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
riskmomtx wrote: Thatis the reason I never drink anything if I'm driving. I don't know if I'd lose my job if it happened to me.

Sigh!

I'm right there with you. I NEVER have anything until I know I am finished driving for the day. Its a self imposed rule that I have followed for years. Just seemed like the right thing to do.


:smile:

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:20 pm
  PMQuoteReply
47th Post
Just Me
Member


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location:  
Posts: 3953
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
librarylady wrote:
...and from my FW connection:

She was caught driving drunk on the North Dallas Tollway--and she lives out in this area.  Her house was featured in the glossy magazine that The Star-Telegram puts out once a month.  She and hubby live in Westover Hills where homes start at 1.5 million dollars! 


http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Home/2010/January_February/Inside_Anchorwoman_Jane_McGarrys_Colorful_Home.aspx

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:39 pm
  PMQuoteReply
48th Post
Crocmommy
Will miss my precious boy....


Joined: Sun Jun 19th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 3351
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The only reason I feel bad for her is that everyone gets to hear about this. Normally, a DWI is pretty much a private matter. I know she's a public figure, but I still feel bad for her for that reason....

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
49th Post
Paladin
Banned


Joined: Thu Nov 10th, 2005
Location: Styx.....honest, That's Where, Kazakhstan
Posts: 10172
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I asked the other day if anyone else had noticed a change in Jane. Something has changed or happened in her life. I think her children/child have gone off to college, plus Mike Snyder left Channel 5, and there may be other things. But I noticed a change in her demeanor, and she has been dressing like a woman half her age, not that there is anything wrong with that, I like it. Even though she made her career, by appearing so wholesome and conservative. But, overall, she has seemed less secure and like she was needing more affirmation from others. So I dunno what is going on, but obviously something is, and I wish her all the best and that things work out well for her in the future.



____________________

I have to break it to Spacey, that Abraham Lincoln, was not really a vampire hunter, and I know it's going to crush him.

"You don't have to give Republicans Hell. Just tell the truth and they think it's Hell" Harry Truman
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:46 pm
  PMQuoteReply
50th Post
Trixie
Former Member
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Just Me wrote: librarylady wrote:
...and from my FW connection:

She was caught driving drunk on the North Dallas Tollway--and she lives out in this area.  Her house was featured in the glossy magazine that The Star-Telegram puts out once a month.  She and hubby live in Westover Hills where homes start at 1.5 million dollars! 


http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Home/2010/January_February/Inside_Anchorwoman_Jane_McGarrys_Colorful_Home.aspx


What does this have to do with her recent DUI? 

 

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:56 pm
  PMQuoteReply
51st Post
Just Me
Member


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location:  
Posts: 3953
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trixie wrote:
Just Me wrote: librarylady wrote:
...and from my FW connection:

She was caught driving drunk on the North Dallas Tollway--and she lives out in this area.  Her house was featured in the glossy magazine that The Star-Telegram puts out once a month.  She and hubby live in Westover Hills where homes start at 1.5 million dollars! 


http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Home/2010/January_February/Inside_Anchorwoman_Jane_McGarrys_Colorful_Home.aspx


What does this have to do with her recent DUI? 


Nothing. I just thought people might like to see her nice home. :smile:

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 02:59 pm
  PMQuoteReply
52nd Post
Orphie
leave my avatar alone!!


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: CARGUY IS ORPHLE.. SHAME ON HIM.!!, Texas USA
Posts: 37502
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I don't care where she lives either ....

I hsve driven over the limit more than i should have like many others....but I drive sports car now too and I have been pulled over for nothing sober..
Best thing to ever happen to me and I could never live with myself if I hurt someone else... I also have a daughter in the house that is legal drinking age and I pound it into her head how many mistakes I made...



____________________
Cardork to Zephyr: Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 03:16 pm
  PMQuoteReply
53rd Post
crackertoes
Her Supreme Blondness


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: On Cloud Nine..., Texas USA
Posts: 21189
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Does she have a CHL?



____________________
Some coffee cups are just too small.
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 03:23 pm
  PMQuoteReply
54th Post
Trixie
Former Member
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
crackertoes wrote: Does she have a CHL?
Again, I've gotta ask.  What does that have to do with her recent DUI?

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 03:24 pm
  PMQuoteReply
55th Post
crackertoes
Her Supreme Blondness


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: On Cloud Nine..., Texas USA
Posts: 21189
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trixie wrote: crackertoes wrote: Does she have a CHL?
Again, I've gotta ask.  What does that have to do with her recent DUI?

It complicates things greatly if she has CHL.



____________________
Some coffee cups are just too small.
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 03:36 pm
  PMQuoteReply
56th Post
BigTex
Game Changer


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: Richardson, Texas USA
Posts: 54277
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Paladin wrote: I asked the other day if anyone else had noticed a change in Jane. Something has changed or happened in her life. I think her children/child have gone off to college, plus Mike Snyder left Channel 5, and there may be other things. But I noticed a change in her demeanor, and she has been dressing like a woman half her age, not that there is anything wrong with that, I like it. Even though she made her career, by appearing so wholesome and conservative. But, overall, she has seemed less secure and like she was needing more affirmation from others. So I dunno what is going on, but obviously something is, and I wish her all the best and that things work out well for her in the future.
I think she hears the footsteps of the young turks getting closer and closer.



____________________
You can trust me. I have journalism training.
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 04:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
57th Post
Trixie
Former Member
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Paladin wrote: I asked the other day if anyone else had noticed a change in Jane. Something has changed or happened in her life. I think her children/child have gone off to college, plus Mike Snyder left Channel 5, and there may be other things. But I noticed a change in her demeanor, and she has been dressing like a woman half her age, not that there is anything wrong with that, I like it. Even though she made her career, by appearing so wholesome and conservative. But, overall, she has seemed less secure and like she was needing more affirmation from others. So I dunno what is going on, but obviously something is, and I wish her all the best and that things work out well for her in the future.
Why make excuses?  She got caught.  End of story. 

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 06:07 pm
  PMQuoteReply
58th Post
chronos
Member


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: Carrollton, Texas USA
Posts: 24109
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
because the law is unjust



____________________
Don't Tax Me Bro!
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 06:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
59th Post
chronos
Member


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: Carrollton, Texas USA
Posts: 24109
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
let me explain...what would you say if I got a government grant to study the driving habits of those over the age of 70 vs. the driving habits of those with a BAC of .08.?

if my data showed that on average more accidents were caused by over 70's drivers vs. over .08 BAC would you be in favor of stripping over 70's of their driving privs. ??

I say judge the results not the potential



____________________
Don't Tax Me Bro!
Back To Top

 Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 06:21 pm
  PMQuoteReply
60th Post
Ric
Bayou Bum


Joined: Tue Feb 22nd, 2005
Location: In The Bleachers, Somewhere, Texas USA
Posts: 40498
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
agreed. Damn. ;)



____________________
It was like coming this close to your dreams, and then watching them brush past you like strangers in a crowd. ~ Archibald “Moonlight” Graham, Field of Dreams



Back To Top


 Current time is 03:44 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  

Top



UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.7020 seconds (68% database + 32% PHP). 56 queries executed.